What we do
We use coaching at an individual, team and company level to create genuine and lasting behaviour change.
In order to thrive in today’s climate, companies constantly have to deliver more for less. Clients want excellent customer service and we need great people, working efficiently but how do we achieve this?
Over 70% of organisations in the UK use coaching (CIPD). Coaching improves relationships, team working, communication, decision-making, leadership skills and productivity*.
We work with creative agencies and large organisations like BAE Systems, NatWest, and the Post Office to help them deliver better performance, fast.
We take a holistic approach, with packages tailored to your needs:
Reflection Sessions for the Executive Team
• Day or half day sessions, delivered at your offices or off site.
• Achieves clarity on business issues. Facilitation keeps the group focused on the aims, encouraging collaborative thinking and collective decision-making.
• Participants emerge as an energised team with a clear vision, knowing what practical steps to take.
One to One Coaching for Individuals
• Sessions are typically 2 hours a month, for 6-12 months with email and phone contact
• Underwritten by psychological rigour, experience, proven techniques, and challenge.
• 85% of coachees say it improves their performance*. Improves confidence, communication, decision-making, productivity and the ability to empower teams.
Using Coaching Skills for Managers
• A bespoke package from half a day to 3 days with ongoing sessions to embed learning.
• Our programme has run for 3 years, is delivered by highly experienced trainers and achieves satisfaction scores of 95 – 100%.
• Improved people skills can make the company a more productive, supportive and enjoyable place to be.
Discovery Workshops to Energise every Person in the Business
• Delivered at your place of work, these group sessions last 60 – 120 minutes.
• These are creative and interactive sessions on topics like client communication, resilience, relationships, goal setting, and much more.
• They are aimed at energising the whole company in bite-sized pieces
Sharon Baker has 20 years of experience in personal development and corporate communication. Before becoming a coach, she delivered employee engagement for organisations such as BT, NatWest, O2, Coca-Cola, Sainsbury’s, BAE systems, National Grid, Rio Tinto and many others. Having headed up a production company, she understands the challenges faced by leaders and employees within organisations. For many years she coached CEO’s and board level executives on presentation skills and led group training in media and communication skills.
She has a Psychology degree, a degree in Fine Art and is studying an MA in coaching. Her combination of business experience, psychological awareness and creativity enables her to see challenges from different perspectives and she is totally inspired to help clients deliver real change.
Lucy Hare is a qualified coach, a coach supervisor, and a coach trainer with one of the UK’s top training institutions. She is also a performing musician. She uses her background in the performing arts to influence her coaching, specialising in creative approaches. She runs group development courses and creative reflection days for entrepreneurs, performing arts academies and individual performers.
Alongside her coaching and training work, she also works as a double bass player, performing with the BBC Symphony Orchestra at the Proms, touring the world with the BBC Concert Orchestra, and backing artists like Stevie Wonder, Grace Jones, Tom Jones and Gary Barlow.
* Institute of Learning and Management, Creating a Coaching Culture 2011